Code review comments are gone

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
ftissot

Code review comments are gone

Post by ftissot » Mon 28 Jan 2013 15:44

A colleague setup a review and i entered a bunch of code review comments for it. My colleague then addressed some of the comments by making some changes to the code and adding notes to my code review comments on the code review board. I pulled all of his code changes to my box, but now i cannot see any code review comments for this project. Not even my original ones. We are using the simple flow. Any help on this is appreciated. We are currently evaluating the tool and if we cannot get this resolve we will need to look at other tools.

Thanks for any help or suggestion on this.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: Code review comments are gone

Post by AlexeyN » Mon 28 Jan 2013 17:50

Try to change the filter type to "All reviews": http://www.devart.com/review-assistant/ ... ching.html
If you don't see any reviews in "Code Review Board" after this, then make sure that you have already chosen the necessary Project: "Review Assistant options -> Projects", and that you are presented as a Member in it, also make sure you are logged in as this user.

abel

Re: Code review comments are gone

Post by abel » Thu 30 Jun 2022 07:38

While it may be easy to assume that code review comments are a necessary evil, they can actually be quite helpful. In fact, code review comments can serve a number of different purposes, including:
They can provide insight into other developers' thinking process
They can help identify potential issues before they become problems cladder
They can help build a sense of team cohesion They can also serve as a way for developers to share their experiences and expertise with one another.