Working Directory Help

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
rward01

Working Directory Help

Post by rward01 » Thu 01 Nov 2012 12:38

I notice "trunk" is being appended after my working directory which is setup in the Projects Tab. My working directory does not have a "trunk" folder. How can this be removed. As a team, we do not want trunk to be part of the folder name.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: Working Directory Help

Post by AlexeyN » Thu 01 Nov 2012 14:36

Review Assistant does not append anything to the working directory. In project settings you can change the path to the directory, which holds a working copy of your repository: http://www.devart.com/review-assistant/ ... Setup.html

GrahamMcAllister

Post by GrahamMcAllister » Wed 27 Mar 2013 09:57

Hi

I have the same problem. The other developers have changed the working copy setting on their local installation, but the comment I created seems to store the working copy of MY pc.

So when they try to open the file, it cannot be found.

This is a big issue for me - my developers cannot have the same working copy path because of the way we work.

Thanks for any assistance.

PS I am evaluating the product to see if we should buy a 10 user license. This is the only problem for us so far, but it is a show stopper.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Post by AlexeyN » Wed 27 Mar 2013 12:41

Any user can overwrite the "Working directory" option in their client, i.e. everyone can specify here the path to the folder with their working directory (http://www.devart.com/review-assistant/ ... oject.html).
Note, after changing working copy path, click 'Apply' and restart Visual Studio, we will fix this minor issue in the next build.

GrahamMcAllister

Post by GrahamMcAllister » Thu 28 Mar 2013 05:13

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is that, even after each developer changes their working folder path, and applies it, the comments that have already been created in the review still maintain the "original" working path they were created with.

So if they click on a file link, or try to "Open working copy", they get an error message saying the file cannot be found. It is trying to open the file in the original working copy location of the developer who created the review.

Do you know if there is a work around to this currently, or should I wait for a patch?

Thanks for any help!

GrahamMcAllister

Post by GrahamMcAllister » Thu 28 Mar 2013 05:15

Hi again

Just to clarify - I would expect that when a user changes the local working path for a project, all the links in the review would be changed (for that user only) to reflect their personal local working path.

Thanks

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Post by AlexeyN » Thu 28 Mar 2013 13:54

Review Assistant stores relative paths to files, so you can move you working copy anywhere.
As I wrote before, we have a minor issue when, after you click 'Apply', Review Assistant does not apply new path either for a non-admin or for non-owner users.
In the Review Assistant's 'Projects' tab, change working copy path to a new one, then go to 'Connect', click 'Disconnect' and 'Connect' again. Then go to the 'Projects' tab and make sure that the path to the working copy has been saved.

All should works fine after going through these steps. If you still encounter the issue, please let us know what VCS do you use, and describe your exact actions for further investigation.

GrahamMcAllister

Post by GrahamMcAllister » Tue 02 Apr 2013 05:31

Thank you - I am going to try go through these steps carefully later this morning and will post a response. Thanks for your time!

GrahamMcAllister

Post by GrahamMcAllister » Tue 02 Apr 2013 07:41

Thank you!! The workaround works - it seems to be working now.

Appreciate your assistance.