Direct mode crashes

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LiteDAC (SQLite Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
LHSoft

Re: Direct mode crashes

Post by LHSoft » Fri 08 Feb 2019 00:14

Hello RobWeigel,

thank you very much for your Intervention. I have changed line 1325 like you suggested and the error is gone.
I do not understand the parts of litestatic and so I can not say thats the Point, but my Project starts without any error and the first database accesses are OK.
I have a stressmodus in my Software (cash register program, where the tax Office can proof at any time, so it MUST be without errors), which makes thousands of bills an hour. I let it run and have a look tomorrow morning, if Errors occured during night.

best regards
Hans

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Fri 08 Feb 2019 07:02

We know about the described issue existence and fixed this error. The fix will be included in the next LiteDAC build. As a workaround, we can now send you a night build of our product. For this, please provide the used IDE version via the e-support form (https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html)

LHSoft

Post by LHSoft » Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:05

Hello,
I have recieved your Email with the downloadlinks to Lite builds.
but, as Ive told you per Email, I Need the updated Links to SDAC too because commen files like MSClasses do not match so no program can be compiled or created.

Please send me the links to SDAC too as soon as possible.

Hans

LHSoft

Post by LHSoft » Tue 12 Feb 2019 17:01

no answer for Hours !
SDAC 8.2.9 does not work with your corrected build:

if installing your corrected Lite build last, LiteFrx Components can be compiled but SDACFrx Components can not be compiled and vice versa.

So, your corrected build is worthless without the corresponding SDAC. Please provide them soon.

LHSoft

Post by LHSoft » Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:53

Thank you for Links.
This works now.

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Wed 13 Feb 2019 16:20

We are glad to see the problem resolved. Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions concerning our product usage.

KajC

Post by KajC » Fri 15 Feb 2019 15:26

Hi all,
Thank you soo much both Hans and Rob for hunting down this error.

I have just upgraded to the latest version, and the app started to crash randomly, and when it did it was always while trying to connect to a db. Modifying the source, and installing the components again solved my problem.

Devart; As we all know; hunting down a bug is sometimes really difficult. So it was a big surprises me that obfuscating existed in litestatic.pas (Ex. O0QOOCCOQ0=function(OOQOOCCOQ0,OQQOOCCOQ0:pointer):integer;cdecl;). Why in the world would you do that? We who have an agreement with source code included has it for a reason. Hope you will restore it in future releases.
Devart; don't misunderstand me. I really appreciate your work and libraries!

/ KajC

LHSoft

Post by LHSoft » Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:22

Hello,
although the Problem is solved I do not feel support was running as good as it should.
I had to work one week, presenting Demos with as less as components possible.
We have presented the Region of error very soon and pregnant, and as you refused searching error because of jedi being and has to be present for error to occur in 10.2.3, I was rather angry and frustrated.
Remeber: ist not my Job searching errors in your components, but of Course I like to help you doing this. But Im expecting this to be a 2-way effort.
And then you wrote:
We know about the described issue existence ...
How to understand this? It sounds like you know for longer time and let me work?
So I hope, the next support case will run with a Little bit more commitment on your side.

best regards
Hans

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Tue 19 Feb 2019 15:14

Obfuscation of the source code of the 'litestatic' library is performed according to the internal policy of our company and we have no plans of changing anything in it.
We try to investigate the issues reported by our users and fix the detected errors as soon as possible. However, the fixes made become available to our customers only after the release of a regular build that includes these changes. Since we understand the importance of certain changes, we try to meet the needs of our users and as an exception, forward a stable night build to them so that they could continue working with their projects. We write about known issues in cases when we detected an error on our own, or when the issue was reported by our users. In the case of the issue described above, we reproduced the issue with a small test example provided by one of the users. Improvement of service quality is one of our priorities.