SQLite header was encrypted in older versions

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LiteDAC (SQLite Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
KajC

SQLite header was encrypted in older versions

Post by KajC » Fri 07 Aug 2015 08:55

Hi,

I just noticed something, and need to know if I have to act on this or not.

When using encryption in version 1.6.5, the header as well as the data was encrypted. I have now moved to version 2.5.17, and have noticed that the header is no longer encrypted (only the data).

2.5.17 is enable to open older databases (with encrypted header), but not the other way around. That's fine by me. What I am interested in is if I need to act on this. Will the support for the older versions remain, och do I need to convert them into the newer format?

Thanks!

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: SQLite header was encrypted in older versions

Post by MaximG » Mon 10 Aug 2015 09:16

Yes, indeed, in the latest LiteDAC versions the database file header is not encrypted. This due to that some SQLite features don't work when the DB file header is encrypted. You need not to convert database files encrypted with the previous LiteDAC versions to the new format. Such support will be implemented in the next versions as well.

KajC

Post by KajC » Tue 11 Aug 2015 07:20

Very good :D
If you decide to drop the backward compability, then please remember to state that in the release notes as my customers will use "old database-files" at least 1-2 more years.

Thanks!

/ KajC

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Tue 11 Aug 2015 08:31

Thank you for your interest to our products. Feel free to contact us if you have any further
questions about LiteDAC.