LiteQury.Post not found

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LiteDAC (SQLite Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
CraigNZ

LiteQury.Post not found

Post by CraigNZ » Wed 29 Apr 2015 02:09

I am learning LiteDac and following the Getting Starting section in the help documentation.

In the section "Inserting Data Into Tables" it shows: LiteQuery.Post. But I cannot find that method in the LiteQuery class. Has this been replaced by some other method?

Status so far is I have created a new DB, and a new Table (dataset?) in the DB. Now I am trying to add records to it at run time. I'm not sure how to open a dataset and append records to it. Do I need to to add this first: LiteQuery.Open? If so I get an error saying no SQL statement provided.

CraigNZ

Re: LiteQuery.Post not found

Post by CraigNZ » Wed 29 Apr 2015 02:45

From what I can see in the documentation I am pretty sure I have to do a LiteQuery.Open statement before I do a Post. The problem is I can't find any documentation on how to use the Open procedure. From the error message I get I think I have to setup some sort of SQL statement, but what statement do I use? I don't need to fetch any records, just begin appending.

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: LiteQury.Post not found

Post by AlexP » Wed 29 Apr 2015 08:41

Hello,

See information about work with DataSet in the Embarcadero documentation.