Unidac Sqlite Problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LiteDAC (SQLite Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Ali YILDIRIM

Unidac Sqlite Problem

Post by Ali YILDIRIM » Sun 01 Feb 2015 09:28

Hello Devart Team.

I am here with a little problem.

I UniDAC Provider selecting the sqlite I can connect to an encrypted database on your Windows PC s with leblowfish. But when I tried to do the same process on Android. Director associated with mode fails, and fails about leblowfish. We can not gain access to encrypted sqlite on Android.

UniDAC version 6.0.2

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: Unidac Sqlite Problem

Post by AlexP » Tue 03 Feb 2015 08:01

Hello,

Encryption is implemented by us in the Direct mode supported for Windows platforms only. For other platforms, you should use an external SQLite3 library with support for encryption.

P.S. We are finishing the implementation of Direct Mode in SQLite with support for encryption on Mac OS X, iOS and Android. This feature will be available in the next release.

ramses

Post by ramses » Tue 31 Mar 2015 08:55

and when will be this release available?

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Tue 31 Mar 2015 09:13

We are waiting for the Rad Studio XE8 release. As soon as the IDE is officially released, we will release the new versions of our products.

ramses

Post by ramses » Tue 31 Mar 2015 12:42

why are you waiting for them?
such a feature is very important and it should be normally in a comercial component from the begining.
1 year ago when i bought the unidac there was hint about encryption in the component description. But no hint that it is only a windows solution and NO support for firemonkey :(

now there is no more info about encryption in the component description (at least i am not able to find it). why bluring this info?

what will be the encryption mode? will remain the database fully searchable if it is encrypted? (like now in firedac possible)

all in all, there is no very professional support from devart side as i would expect for a comercial product.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Wed 01 Apr 2015 08:06

We have a roadmap for each version, that includes features and bugs. We release new versions as soon as all the known features and bugs are implemented and resolved. One of the high-priority features is support for iOS x64. This platform will be supported only in XE8, so we are waiting for this version release.

Encryption will work on mobile platforms similarly to encryption on Windows.

See the description of encryption in the documentation: http://www.devart.com/unidac/docs/datab ... yption.htm .

ramses

Post by ramses » Wed 01 Apr 2015 13:19

anyway, thanks for clarification!

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Thu 02 Apr 2015 07:45

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.