Installation of LiteDAC source code with Delphi 7

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LiteDAC (SQLite Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
instrumentally

Installation of LiteDAC source code with Delphi 7

Post by instrumentally » Thu 14 Aug 2014 16:20

Your instructions in your ReadmeSrc.html file (see section below) are flawed. When I follow these 6 steps, the error message "Entry point not found - The procedure entry point @Daconditionsframe@initialization$qqrv could not be located in the dyncamic link library c:\programs\delphi 7\projects\bpl\dcllitedac70.bpl" appears on step 6 when I click the INSTALL button.

--- snip 8< ---
Installing LiteDAC for Delphi 7 using IDE

Perform the following steps:

Build and compile the dac70.dpk DAC run-time package.
Build and compile the dacvcl70.dpk DAC GUI related package.
Build and compile the dcldac70.dpk DAC design-time package.
Build and compile the litedac70.dpk LiteDAC run-time package.
Build and compile the litedacvcl70.dpk LiteDAC GUI related package.
Build, compile, and install the dcllitedac70.dpk LiteDAC design-time package.

NOTE: To compile LiteDAC based Delphi 7 applications, add the LiteDAC\Source directory to "Library Path".

--- snip 8< ---

I am using Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

instrumentally

Re: Installation of LiteDAC source code with Delphi 7

Post by instrumentally » Sun 17 Aug 2014 05:17

I have received no solution to the previous posted message, which was posted more than 48 hours ago.
Last edited by instrumentally on Mon 18 Aug 2014 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 18 Aug 2014 06:56

Hello,

Thank you for the information. We have already fixed this problem. The fix will be included to the next version.

instrumentally

Post by instrumentally » Wed 27 Aug 2014 02:22

So in the mean time I cannot install the components which I purchased. Makes me wonder why I bothered purchasing the components if I cannot install them after purchasing them. :cry:

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Wed 27 Aug 2014 07:39

Yes, we can send you the night build including the fix. Please send your license number to alexp*devart*com and specify the e-mail where we can send the build.

instrumentally

Post by instrumentally » Fri 05 Sep 2014 11:35

We have received the supposed "night build including fix", yet the same problem exists with your "fix" as with the original download. Not one thing has changed with regards to the problem. I have waited 3 weeks now after my purchase and I still cannot successfully install the LiteDAC components with source code.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 08 Sep 2014 12:39

I have sent you the new LiteDAC src version, please check again.

instrumentally

Post by instrumentally » Tue 09 Sep 2014 02:25

Your recently sent version is no different than any of the others with regards to the issue at hand. The components will not install. When performing step 6 (i.e., Build, compile, and install the dcllitedac70.dpk LiteDAC design-time package), the error message that I have reported in the past occurs:

The procedure entry point @Daconditionsfram@initialization$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\programs\delphi 7\projects\bpl\dcllitedac70.bpl

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Tue 09 Sep 2014 06:01

Most probably, you haven't completely deleted the old LiteDAC version. Please delete LiteDAC, make sure that there are no LiteDAC *.dcu, *.bpl files remained in the folder, where LiteDAC was installed, and in the bin folder of Delphi, as well old *.dcu files of your project. Install LiteDAC and make sure that the Library Path points to correct LiteDAC directories.

instrumentally

Post by instrumentally » Tue 09 Sep 2014 10:56

Most probably, you haven't completely deleted the old LiteDAC version.
Each time we receive a file “update” from you we totally delete the LiteDAC folder and subfolders.
make sure that the Library Path points to correct LiteDAC directories.
We already have done this. It makes no difference.
and in the bin folder of Delphi, as well old *.dcu files of your project.
I’ve deleted all the *.bpl files in the \Projects\Bpl folder. It makes no difference. The same error message occurs.

There is nothing in the \bin folder related to LiteDAC.
as well old *.dcu files of your project.
I don’t even have my project open when I attempt to perform the installation of your components, therefore I don’t see what this has to do with the issue.

Question: When was the last time you attempted to install your components in Delphi 7 using the source code instructions at ReadmeSrc.html#delphi_7_using_ide ?

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Tue 09 Sep 2014 14:06

We can't reproduce the problem. Please try to build LiteDAC using the bat file, and then install the dcllitedac70.bpl package.

instrumentally

Post by instrumentally » Wed 10 Sep 2014 01:19

Your make.bat batch file in the LiteDAC\Source\Delphi7 folder is flawed:

1) Your make.bat assumes that for an Win64 OS, Delphi is installed in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Borland\Delphi7 Problem is, that is not where my Delphi 7 is installed. I don't know why you make such an assumption seeing how all Delphi installers allows you to choose the destination folder. I never install pre-Vista applications into the "c:\program files" or "c:\program files (x86)" folders since this is asking for trouble, seeing how pre-Vista apps were allowed to WRITE to the "c:\program files" folder, something that was prohibited when Vista was rolled out.

2) You have this line in the make.bat file:

del /Q/S LiteDAC\*.*

This is flawed code seeing how there is no LiteDAC folder in the folder where the make.bat is found (i.e., LiteDAC\Source\Delphi7)

3) You have a missing closing double quote in the following line:

set IdeDir="%PROGRAMFILES%\Borland\Delphi7

In short, your make.bat file will not install the components.

instrumentally

Post by instrumentally » Wed 10 Sep 2014 01:44

One more issue...

Why is there no source code for the LiteDAC\Lib\Delphi7\LiteStatic.dcu unit? I paid for the Professional version with source code. Your ZIP downloads do not have the source code for this file. This is true not only for Delphi 7, but for all versions of Delphi.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Wed 10 Sep 2014 11:11

Hello,

The instruction for installation of the Make.bat file contains detailed description of the installation process:

1) User can specify any directory to install Delphi (we have written the default product installation directory in the BAT file).
2) This line is used on relaunching to delete the results of the previous compilation.
3) A closing quote is added in the main make.bat file.

The LiteStatic module sources are not distributed. This limitation is mention at our website: http://www.devart.com/litedac/editions.html -> "The source code of SQLite Direct mode is supplied as precompiled packages."

instrumentally

Post by instrumentally » Thu 11 Sep 2014 13:56

The LiteStatic module sources are not distributed
What is in the LiteStatic module that is so special that the source code is not included?