Lazarus/FPC

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LiteDAC (SQLite Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jbmiller

Lazarus/FPC

Post by jbmiller » Tue 11 Sep 2012 12:42

It looks like I can download the Lazarus Demo version, although I'm having difficulty installing it on my Mac Lazarus. The real question is why isn't the Lazarus version in the Professional Download section?

Almost forgot to mention, I'm using Lazarus 1.0 with FPC 2.6.

Regards,
Bill

ZEuS
Devart Team

Re: Lazarus/FPC

Post by ZEuS » Wed 12 Sep 2012 08:19

The current version of LiteDAC is compatible with Lazarus 0.9.30.4 and Free Pascal 2.6.0. So, there can be troubles with installing the trial version of LiteDAC on Lazarus 1.0. We are planning to release a new version of LiteDAC that will be compatible with Lazarus 1.0 in a few weeks.
Since Lazarus is a cross-platform IDE, we do not distribute a separate installer for LiteDAC Professional Edition for this IDE.
You should manually install Lazarus packages included in LiteDAC Professional Edition with source code.
So, if you have LiteDAC Professional Edition with source code, you should download the source code from Registered Users' Area.
If you have LiteDAC Professional Edition only, you should upgrade to LiteDAC Professional Edition with source code.

jbmiller

Re: Lazarus/FPC

Post by jbmiller » Wed 12 Sep 2012 19:11

As usual, your help is quite precise. I didn't realize that I didn't have source because the source version isn't typically shown in then editions page. This Lazarus deal is new to me too so I didn't know what I needed. I've ordered the upgrade to the source version.

Thanks,
Bill