Unidirect .NET install issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
kteague

Unidirect .NET install issue

Post by kteague » Fri 28 Jul 2006 14:20

I'm having a simple but hard-to-debug error.

In a Visual Basic .NET project, I add a reference to the CoreLab.Unidirect DLL. I can see the DLL's contents in the object browser now, and I can add the Unidirect controls to the Visual Studio toolbox.

When I attempt to add a control to a form in the Visual Studio designer, here's the error I get :

System.IO.FileLoadException: Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the RelfectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.

If I load a sample project from CoreLabs, I get the same error when I attempt to view the project's form in designer mode.

Compilation of the sample project succeeds, but I get a very similar error when the InitializeComponent() method is called.

Any ideas?

Ken Teague
American Bank Systems

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 31 Jul 2006 11:55

Please send that sample project to the e-mail address provided in the readme file so that we could investigate the problem.