File or assembly name Devart.Data.Universal or one of its dependencies was not found

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
vdrake

File or assembly name Devart.Data.Universal or one of its dependencies was not found

Post by vdrake » Mon 09 Aug 2021 11:32

Hi all,

I'd appreciate your help.
I have a purchased version of universal, and I am creating a very simple compact framework project by adding a UniConnection in a form for Sql Server connection.
The system produced me a license file -> Devart.Data.Universal.licenses which I manually copied in the device's folder.
Also I have change the option to copy the Devart.Data.Universal.dll to device.
But the problem remains.

Regards
Vangelis

DmitryGm
Devart Team

Re: File or assembly name Devart.Data.Universal or one of its dependencies was not found

Post by DmitryGm » Tue 10 Aug 2021 16:46

The deployment of application is described here:
https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/unive ... yment.html

In addition to the Devart.Data.Universal.dll assembly you should also deploy the Devart.Data.dll assembly (missed in the documentation).

Besides you should deploy the assemblies of the actual data providers.

vdrake

Re: File or assembly name Devart.Data.Universal or one of its dependencies was not found

Post by vdrake » Wed 11 Aug 2021 07:28

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no Devart.Data.Dll in the version dotConnect Universal v.3.80.2441 that I have installed.

Regards
Vangelis

DmitryGm
Devart Team

Post by DmitryGm » Wed 11 Aug 2021 11:09

vdrake wrote: Wed 11 Aug 2021 07:28 there is no Devart.Data.Dll in the version dotConnect Universal
Yes, it's ok, the Mobile Edition of dotConnect Universal doesn't contain Devart.Data.dll.
But you should also deploy System.Data.SqlClient (standard sqlclient) to the target device.

vdrake

Post by vdrake » Thu 12 Aug 2021 08:13

Hi ,

Unfortunately the problem still exists. I sent you a very simple project to investigate what is happening.

Best Regards
Vangelis

DmitryGm
Devart Team

Post by DmitryGm » Fri 20 Aug 2021 05:33

Thank you for the test project. We had encountered a similar issue in our environment. The investigation is in progress.

For better understanding please describe the way you install necessary SDK on your develop enviroment, and the type of device (emulator) you deploy the application.

Note that in conjunction with SQL Client, the use of dotConnect Universal perhaps not necessary for your purposes. You could use SQL Client directly.