MS Access

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
Post Reply
pvalta
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri 05 Jun 2020 08:18

MS Access

Post by pvalta » Fri 05 Jun 2020 09:25

I did not find all the information in the Documentation for my usage of the MS Access provider:

MS Access connection provider in DevArt Universal:
Is the MS Access provider a driver provided by Devart or is it using a driver installed by the operating system or MS Office (or other), i.e. for deployment : do you have to installing any additional software

the help states that it is using OleDb, but which syntax of the connect string is supported
(especially read only mode (Mode=Read; , Mode = Share Deny Write,...??)
(OleDb supports Jet and ACE, so is Devart use one of these or is this a third way)

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 9302
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Re: MS Access

Post by Shalex » Tue 09 Jun 2020 17:17

pvalta wrote:Is the MS Access provider a driver provided by Devart or is it using a driver installed by the operating system or MS Office (or other), i.e. for deployment : do you have to installing any additional software
You should install Microsoft OLE DB provider for MS Access (System.Data.OleDb) to use it via dotConnect Universal.

Refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/unive ... iders.html.
pvalta wrote:OleDb supports Jet and ACE, so is Devart use one of these or is this a third way
dotConnect Universal supports both Jet and ACE.

pvalta
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri 05 Jun 2020 08:18

Re: MS Access

Post by pvalta » Thu 18 Jun 2020 09:41

1)With which versions of Microsoft OLE DB provider for MS Access (System.Data.OleDb) does DevArt Universial work together?

2) is the connectstring syntax the one of Microsoft OLE DB provider exempted the provider tag (which is "MS Access" for DevArt Universal)?

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 9302
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Re: MS Access

Post by Shalex » Sat 04 Jul 2020 16:24

pvalta wrote: Thu 18 Jun 2020 09:41 1)With which versions of Microsoft OLE DB provider for MS Access (System.Data.OleDb) does DevArt Universial work together?
Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.15.0
Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0
Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0
Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
pvalta wrote: Thu 18 Jun 2020 09:412) is the connectstring syntax the one of Microsoft OLE DB provider exempted the provider tag (which is "MS Access" for DevArt Universal)?
Yes, the connection string should be "provider=MS Access; [...]".

Post Reply