Oracle TEMP tablespace filled up

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
unidirect2pro

Oracle TEMP tablespace filled up

Post by unidirect2pro » Wed 30 Oct 2019 11:17

Hi,
I have a problem while using Oracle 12 database from C# source code.

My application makes use of devart dotConnect Universal to connect to an Oracle database.
After some time my application is alive, Oracle reaches very high space usage of TEMP tablespace (over 30 GB) and eventually fails in extending it when reaching the extension limit (around 32 GB). Also if adding a new TEMP datafile Oracle will eventually use this new file up to its maximum extension and will fail again. If I restart my application the space used on TEMP tablespace is released, but this is still a problem since I am developing server back end applications that usually never restarts.

I usually use DIrect=false in my connection string, but the problems occurs anyway also using Direct=true.

I have seen in forum a similar problem (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29121&p=100114&hili ... ce#p100114), but I am not sure it is the same since it is referring to "dotConnect for Oracle". Is it a subset of dotConnect Universal by the way?

I use dotConnect Universal version 3.50.712.0 and I have tried to use more recent version 3.70.1726.0, but the issue still persists.
The only workaround I have found, for now, is to disable the connection pool (adding "Pooling=false" to the connection string), but this is causing to open and close the connection many times and it affects the performance.

Is this the same problem of above mentioned topic?
Can you kindly suggest how to solve the issue?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Oracle TEMP tablespace filled up

Post by Shalex » Thu 31 Oct 2019 19:13

unidirect2pro wrote: Wed 30 Oct 2019 11:17I have seen in forum a similar problem (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29121&p=100114&hili ... ce#p100114), but I am not sure it is the same since it is referring to "dotConnect for Oracle". Is it a subset of dotConnect Universal by the way?

I use dotConnect Universal version 3.50.712.0 and I have tried to use more recent version 3.70.1726.0, but the issue still persists.
dotConnect Universal Professional includes runtime of the provider dotConnect for Oracle. The mentioned fix was included into dotConnect for Oracle v8.3.125 (27-Mar-14), so it is available in dotConnect Universal v3.70.1726 (20-Sep-18) as well.
unidirect2pro wrote: Wed 30 Oct 2019 11:17My application makes use of devart dotConnect Universal to connect to an Oracle database.
After some time my application is alive, Oracle reaches very high space usage of TEMP tablespace (over 30 GB) and eventually fails in extending it when reaching the extension limit (around 32 GB). Also if adding a new TEMP datafile Oracle will eventually use this new file up to its maximum extension and will fail again. If I restart my application the space used on TEMP tablespace is released, but this is still a problem since I am developing server back end applications that usually never restarts.
Looks like some resource related to a session is not released, but we cannot identify which one resource causes the problem basing on your description. Please localize the issue in a small test project and send it to us with the corresponding DDL/DML script via contact form.