Command Builder for updating SQLite Database

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
richardho

Command Builder for updating SQLite Database

Post by richardho » Thu 05 Mar 2015 16:53

Dear Sir/Madam,

I decided to use dotConnect Universal Professional as this version is shipped with several ADO providers such as dotConnect for Oracle and SQLite.

I have created a SQLite database to maintain the Quotation table in a disk folder. I want to write codes in c# as simple and automatic as possible and can use DbDataAdapter.Update method to post the changes from a DataTable to SQLite3 table.

I read through the online document on www.devart.com. May I ask if dotConnect Universal Professional support the Command Builder like working for SQLServer
"SqlCommandBuilder mySqlCommandBuilder = new SqlCommandBuilder(mySqlDataAdapter)"

If the Command Builder of Universal can be worked for SQLite database, I can use DbDataAdapter.Update to update a single table without writing custom update and insert statements.

Million of thanks!
Richard

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Command Builder for updating SQLite Database

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 06 Mar 2015 14:33

dotConnect Universal has UniCommandBuilder class which allows you to use UniDataAdapter.Update to update a single table without writing custom update and insert statements.

dotConnect Universal is a provider that offers universal interface for other providers. If it has such a class, this class can be used with any internal provider including SQLite.

For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/univer ... ilder.html

richardho

Re: Command Builder for updating SQLite Database

Post by richardho » Sat 07 Mar 2015 02:45

Dear Pinturiccio,

Great Software, I will create a project and write some codes on DataAdapter to learn.

Thank you
Richard