Unidirect working with reports

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
erik78

Unidirect working with reports

Post by erik78 » Mon 08 Sep 2008 15:08

Hello eveybody,

I want to know if there are any report designer in .NET (Crystal Reports,...), that can use Unidirect how Database Source.

Thanks a lot.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 09 Sep 2008 08:24

UniDirect .NET supports Crystal.8 report designer. You can learn how to use it from our examples that are installed on your machine with UniDirect .NET. You can download it from here: http://devart.com/unidirect/download.html (Trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for the Subscription program members only). After you have installed our product, you will find the samples at \Program Files\CoreLab\UniDirect.NET2\Samples or Start menu | All programs | Core Lab UniDirect for .NET2 | Samples.

erik78

Post by erik78 » Tue 09 Sep 2008 09:44

Thanks for the reponse,

But, I can see in the sample, that the crystal reports load a Dataset (before it loaded using UniTableAdapter), it is possible to use the UniDirect directly how a type of connection? or what parameters I must be configure in SqlServer & Oracle Connection of Report for use UniDirect?

Thanks a lot.

Ricard Tort.
Shalex wrote:UniDirect .NET supports Crystal.8 report designer. You can learn how to use it from our examples that are installed on your machine with UniDirect .NET. You can download it from here: http://devart.com/unidirect/download.html (Trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for the Subscription program members only). After you have installed our product, you will find the samples at \Program Files\CoreLab\UniDirect.NET2\Samples or Start menu | All programs | Core Lab UniDirect for .NET2 | Samples.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 11 Sep 2008 13:26

It can be made using DataSet only. This is a feature of Crystal report.

erik78

Post by erik78 » Mon 22 Sep 2008 11:14

Shalex wrote:It can be made using DataSet only. This is a feature of Crystal report.
Hello I'm evaluate differents tools for generate reports and I have a question when I defined new connection in one Report.

I can add new SQLSERVER, ORACLE native connections (platform .NET) and there are advanced topics in these connections. For example, the topic Load Balance Timeout in Grouping tab.

Can you say me the exactly values of these topics (for SQLSERVER and ORACLE), for get similar connections than Unidirect??

Thanks a lot.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 01 Oct 2008 09:36

UniDirect .NET doesn't make any additional conversions with parameter values. They will have the same effect if you use the SQL Server or Oracle native connections. Please learn more from the SqlClient and OracleClient documentation on how to configure the connection for your needs.