UniDirect & SSIS

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
tjordi

UniDirect & SSIS

Post by tjordi » Mon 25 Aug 2008 22:26

Does UniDirect support SSIS for Oracle, MySQL and PostgrSQL? Also, I'm assuming that it will work in Visual Studio 2005 much the same way that OraDirect Pro does. Is this true?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 26 Aug 2008 13:06

UniDirect .NET doesn't support SSIS for Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL, but you can yourself create SSIS project using UniDirect .NET.
UniDirect .NET works in VS 2005 in the same way as OraDirect .NET Standard. If you want to get all Oracle capabilities - use OraDirect .NET, if you want to get only fundamental database server facilities or plan to create applications that work with several databases - make advantage of using UniDirect .NET.

tjordi

UniDirect & SSIS

Post by tjordi » Tue 26 Aug 2008 13:49

Thanks for the response, but let me rephrase my question...

Can I use UniDirect in SSIS to connect direct to Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL without having to install Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL native drivers? I'd like to stay away from having to install the native drivers on client machines if I can.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 26 Aug 2008 15:07

Yes, you can. Using UniDirect .NET Professional edition you don't have to install native drivers for Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
Please note, UniDirect .NET doesn't make special registration for SSIS. You can use and UniDirect .NET only in projects that support the other providers and require no special registration. Also UniDirect .NET doesn't support Analysis Services, Reporting Services.
All other mentioned data providers (OraDirect .NET, MyDirect .NET, PostgreSQLDirect .NET) support Analysis Services, Reporting Services and other SSIS-projects entirely.

tjordi

OraDirect & SSIS

Post by tjordi » Mon 01 Sep 2008 00:53

Is there any documentation for working with SSIS? I would like to be able to use OraDirect to connect as source or destination in a data flow task.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 01 Sep 2008 07:26

The SSIS documentation can be found in MSDN. OraDirect .NET data provider doesn't make any difficulties when using this technology. If you have any questions in future please feel free to contact us.