An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Cloud Applications
masing1024

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Post by masing1024 » Thu 06 Dec 2018 16:28

I am trying to get a 70G table from Salesforce to Teradata but after 9 hours of loading the data it fails. I am getting the following error:

[Devart Salesforce Source] Error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
[Devart Salesforce Source [596]] Error: Devart.Data.Salesforce.SalesforceException (0x80004005): Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Is there a setting somewhere that I can set to mitigate this error for happening every time or any suggestions that I can use to get this data over? I need some answers!

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Post by Shalex » Tue 11 Dec 2018 13:08

The error says that a session was closed by Salesforce.

1. Were any records inserted into your target destination Teradata during 9 hours?

2. We suggest you to try a workaround with running a query which retrieves smaller amount of records, i.e. pass the full result set in several package runs. For example: you can use SQL-92 query with a WHERE clause (WHERE LastModifiedDate > '<@User::YOUR_PARAMETER>') to compare with the date of the last synchronization via date parameter. Defining user variables: http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=34065.

Note that if SQL-92 could not be translated directly to SOQL then provider retrieves all records from the table (SOQL: "SELECT * FROM Account") and then applies WHERE clause in a local cache. This case would not help for your scenario. So you should rewrite SQL-92 to get SOQL with the WHERE clause. We recommend you to control actual SOQL sent to Salesforce by the provider via Fiddler (http://www.telerik.com/fiddler).

Does this information help?