TLS 1.1 issue in DotConnect for Salesforce

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Cloud Applications
jbzech

TLS 1.1 issue in DotConnect for Salesforce

Post by jbzech » Tue 24 Oct 2017 19:13

I have inherited our current setup, which includes a few SSIS jobs running between SQL Server and our Salesforce server using DotConnect 3.1.82. With Salesforce no longer allowing TLS 1.0, these jobs are now broken.

I've seen 2 posts on this issue, and I'm unsure how to proceed. I'd rather not resort to hacking registries or adding new scripting tasks, if possible.

Does the newest version of DotConnect for Salesforce address this issue? Will an installation of the newest version fix my jobs?

]This post seems to promise that:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33884&hilit=salesforce+tls

But I'm unclear what the relationship is between DotConnect for Salesforce (currently version 3.2.348) and Devart SSIS Data Flow Components (currently version 1.5.xxx). I do not currently have Devart SSIS Data Flow Components installed on my server with DotConnect for Salesforce. It is available for download in my Customer Portal, though. Do I need to install this along with the current version of DotConnect for Salesforce?

All help appreciated. Thanks.

** edited to fix some missing words

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: TLS 1.1 issue in DotConnect for Salesforce

Post by Shalex » Thu 26 Oct 2017 12:58

jbzech wrote:I have inherited our current setup, which includes a few SSIS jobs running between SQL Server and our Salesforce server using DotConnect 3.1.82. With Salesforce no longer allowing TLS 1.0, these jobs are now broken.
We have implemented a fix which should set the highest TLS version available for the current .NET Framework version (without any additional connection string option) in v3.1.200 or higher. We recommend using the newest (3.2.348) build.

TLS 1.1 is supported in .NET 4.0 (and higher): https://help.salesforce.com/articleView ... 207&type=1 > the .NET section.
jbzech wrote:Do I need to install this along with the current version of DotConnect for Salesforce?
No, you don't. You can use the only product dotConnect for Salesforce.

jbzech

Post by jbzech » Thu 26 Oct 2017 15:50

Thanks. That's a relief. I'll just need to purchase the newer license.

I am a little confused, though. My server setup has DotConnect for Salesforce 3.1.82 running. However, my account lists the product I own for renewal as SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce Standard 1.5.420.

If I download and install SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce Standard 1.5.420, will I be installing a new product or upgrading my existing DotConnect for Salesforce?

jbzech

Post by jbzech » Thu 26 Oct 2017 17:42

I also see that dotConnect for Salesforce v.2.4.495 is installed on the same machine, if that makes a difference. I would love some help with this installation process so as not to disrupt the functioning of these existing SSIS jobs.

Thanks.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 31 Oct 2017 20:31

"dotConnect for Salesforce Professional" and "SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce" are two different products.

Please do not install both "dotConnect for Salesforce Professional" and "SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce" on the same workstation, because these two products install the SSIS components with the same names but different object models, this may lead for messing up components. Also packages developed with one product do not work with another one product.

Our Sales department says that you have two active subscriptions:
* dotConnect for Salesforce Professional single license
* SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce Standard single license

jbzech

Post by jbzech » Wed 01 Nov 2017 13:54

Thanks for the reply. I have emailed with your Sales department and they told me that the SSIS Data Flow Components was a replacement for DotConnect for Salesforce. When I logged into my account, DotConnect for Salesforce was not listed as available to me.

I just renewed my license for SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce. Do I need to uninstall DotConnect for Salesforce before I install it? Or can you provide a renewal for DotConnect for Salesforce Professional? I don't understand why the Sales department told me something else. Please assist as I need these jobs working as soon as possible.

jbzech

Post by jbzech » Wed 01 Nov 2017 14:07

To be clear, this is what the Sales team told me via email:
We stopped to support dotConnect for Salesforce SSIS license. All our customers automatically got SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce Standard license. This is a feature-rich tool, which has improved functionality in comparison with dotConnect for Salesforce SSIS.

So, as for now it is necessary to purchase subscription for SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce Standard single license
It appears that the Data Flow Components will work for me if I rebuild those portions of the job, I just want to make sure that I install it correctly on my production server.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 06 Nov 2017 15:04

jbzech wrote:I just renewed my license for SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce. Do I need to uninstall DotConnect for Salesforce before I install it?
Yes, that is correct: you should uninstall "dotConnect for Salesforce Professional" before installing "SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce" (and vice versa).

JIC: packages developed with one product do not work with another one product. So you should recreate packages with the new product.
jbzech wrote:Or can you provide a renewal for DotConnect for Salesforce Professional?
Please contact our Sales department.

jbzech

Post by jbzech » Mon 06 Nov 2017 21:48

Your sales department gave be a great guide for completely uninstalling DotConnect for Salesforce. I just installed SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce 1.5.571, but on setting up my first connection manager to I received the same error message regarding TLS 1.0 when I tested my connection to Salesforce: "TLS 1.0 has been disabled in this organization. Please use TLS 1.1 or higher when connecting to Salesforce using https."

We have .NET 4.0 installed on this machine. I thought that this newer version would automatically correct this issue. Please let me know know what to do here.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 08 Nov 2017 13:21

Please refer to https://help.salesforce.com/articleView ... 207&type=1 > the .NET 4.0 section:
To enable TLS 1.2 by default, it is possible to install .NET Framework 4.5, or a newer version, [...]
Looks like you should upgrade to .NET 4.5.
JIC: there is no need to modify the registry keys, our code will check the highest TLS version available for the installed .NET version.

If this doesn't help, specify name (1) and version (2) of the tool you are using for running your SSIS package.

jbzech

Post by jbzech » Tue 14 Nov 2017 15:34

I did upgrade to .NET 4.7, and everything appears to be working so far. Thanks.