Failed to get the schema from data source

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Cloud Applications
sportrx123

Failed to get the schema from data source

Post by sportrx123 » Fri 12 Jun 2015 18:54

Hi I have an SSIS Package that is working fine on my desktop.
When I migrate (open) it in productions, it gives me the following error( below ) to only One(1) object in SF.
Account. This object has a long list of fields(columns)
Any idea?
Thank You

Here is the error message:

Error 2 Validation error.
Failed to get the schema from data source. Detailed error messages are: Error in deserializing body of reply message for operation 'query'

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Failed to get the schema from data source

Post by Shalex » Mon 15 Jun 2015 14:03

sportrx123 wrote:Failed to get the schema from data source. Detailed error messages are: Error in deserializing body of reply message for operation 'query'
1. Is this a full text of the error(s)? Are there any inner exceptions?

Do you have Visual Studio installed in your production? If yes, please follow these steps to debug the Devart Salesforce Source component (SSIS):
a) right click on the designer surface of your Data Flow Task > Edit Breakpoints and set a break point for the OnPreExecute event
b) start Debugging (F5), the execution will stop on the break point
c) open another instance of Visual Studio (2nd):
* go to Tools->Options...->Debugging, and disable the Enable Just My Code (Managed Only) check box. Then go to Debug->Exceptions and enable Common Language Runtime Exceptions check box. These actions will allow you to catch the inner exception and a detailed call stack
* navigate to Debug->Attach to Proccess and attach to the DtsDebugHost.exe(T-SQL, Managed...) process
d) switch to the 1st instance of Visual Studio and press F5 to continue execution
e) now you will be able to catch all exceptions in the 2nd Visual Studio. Skip unimportant exceptions until you find the Devart exception with its details

2. Try including the "Refresh Metadata=true;" option in your connection string in production. Does this help?

3. Refer to this discussion: http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?t=31617.