Failed to get schema error via SQL Job

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Cloud Applications
yonto

Failed to get schema error via SQL Job

Post by yonto » Fri 17 Apr 2015 14:10

I have run into an issue with an SSIS package that loads order data into Salesforce. The package runs fine in Visual Studio (2010). It runs fine when I execute the SSIS package directly on the SQL server (Sql 2012). When I try to run a sql job to execute the SSIS package (via the sql agent) I receive the following errors:

Code: 0x00000000
Source: Merge and Load Data Devart Salesforce Destination
Description: Failed to get the schema from data source. Detailed error messages are: Unknown table 'SALES_HISTORY_DETAIL'.
End Error

Code: 0xC004706B
Source: Merge and Load Data SSIS.Pipeline
Description: "Devart Salesforce Destination" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".
End Error

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dominic

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Failed to get schema error via SQL Job

Post by Shalex » Mon 20 Apr 2015 11:19

1. Are you running your package on the same workstation in both cases?

2. Try adding the "Refresh Metadata = True;" option in your connection string. Does this help?
JIC: the "Refresh Metadata=true;" connection string parameter causes a refresh of Salesforce metadata each time when the connection is opened. Leads to the performance loses. So, remove this parameter after the issue is fixed.

yonto

Post by yonto » Mon 20 Apr 2015 13:45

1 - Yes. The SSIS package is always called from the same workstation.

2. Refresh Metadata=True allowed the package to run when called from a SQL job. I had tried manually refreshing the metadata in the Devart Salesforce Connection Manager in Visual Studio, but the package still failed when called from a SQL Job. Can you explain why I wouldn't want to leave this fix in place? You mentioned removing the parameter in your response and I am not sure why I would need to do that as it got things to work.

I appreciate your help.

Dominic

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 20 Apr 2015 17:14

The "Refresh Metadata=true;" connection string parameter causes a refresh of Salesforce metadata each time when the connection is opened. Leads to the performance loses.

Does the issue persist when you remove "Refresh Metadata=true;" from your connection string now?

yonto

Post by yonto » Tue 21 Apr 2015 13:22

I have left the "Refresh Metadata=true;" for now. The SQL job is failing every other time it is executed.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 24 Apr 2015 11:41

If the performance of your package with "Refresh Metadata=true;" doesn't suit your task, please perform the following test so that we can identify the reason why it fails without this option:

1) are you using exactly the same connection string when running package in Visual Studio and in SQL job?

2) in addition to "Refresh Metadata=true;", also initialize the Metadata Cache and Data Cache connection string parameters (for example: "Refresh Metadata=true;Data Cache=D:\\1.db;Metadata Cache=D:\\1_metadata.db;"). Run your package within Visual Studio to create valid metadata. The created *.db files are SQLite databases. Make sure that there is the record with TABLE_NAME=SALES_HISTORY_DETAIL in the SYS_TABLES table within 1_metadata.db.

3) change
"Refresh Metadata=true;Data Cache=D:\\1.db;Metadata Cache=D:\\1_metadata.db;"
to
"Refresh Metadata=false;Data Cache=D:\\1.db;Metadata Cache=D:\\1_metadata.db;"
and run your package in SQL job.
Does it work now?