Accessing Custom Objects (Tables)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Cloud Applications
MBray

Accessing Custom Objects (Tables)

Post by MBray » Tue 21 Jan 2014 15:50

My company's implementation of Salesforce has custom tables that were added to support additional functionality, but are on the same server in the same database. When I connect via dotConnect objects, I can see custom fields within the pre-defined tables, but I cannot see the custom tables themselves. Can anyone advise on what I need to do to access custom tables?

NOTE: My connection string already has the 'System Objects=true' attribute, per the documentation.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Accessing Custom Objects (Tables)

Post by Shalex » Wed 22 Jan 2014 12:49

Please refresh local cache with connObj.Cache.RefreshMetadata() and notify us about the result.

MBray

Post by MBray » Wed 22 Jan 2014 16:37

Unfortunately, I tried the conn.Cache.RefreshMetaData() method and still can't access the custom tables. Is there anything else that I could possibly test?

Thanks again for the assistance!

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 23 Jan 2014 10:45

The names of custom objects/fields should be specified without the "__c" suffix when accessing them via dotConnect for Salesforce interface. An exception to the rule: if the object is created with the name, which already exists (e.g.: "Account"), the suffix must be used ("Account__c").

If this doesn't help, please call conn.Cache.RefreshMetaData() again and check if your custom object exists in the result set of the query "SELECT TABLE_NAME, API_NAME FROM SYS_TABLES".

Notify us about the result.

MBray

Post by MBray » Fri 07 Feb 2014 16:11

It was a permission issue. Our company got a 'bolt-on' addition to Salesforce.com called ServiceMax. Once ServiceMax was added to my user profile I was able to refresh the cache and see the objects. Thanks again for the assistance!