Cache Refresh method clarification

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Cloud Applications
craigd

Cache Refresh method clarification

Post by craigd » Tue 16 Jul 2013 03:56

In the documentation for managing cache, I have read the following:
Refreshing Cache
Cache is refreshed automatically each refresh interval, however, you can refresh it manually with the Refresh method of SalesforceCache. If refresh interval is set to 0 or negative number, this means that cache is never gets out-of-date and is not refreshed automatically, and the Refresh method is the only way to refresh it.
When I call this command on its own, I do not see any round trip traffic out to SFDC, so am I correct in assuming that to actually do a refresh of the cache, then a query needs to be performed using the provider to actually have the cache updated?

Thanks in advance

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Cache Refresh method clarification

Post by Shalex » Wed 17 Jul 2013 15:06

craigd wrote:so am I correct in assuming that to actually do a refresh of the cache, then a query needs to be performed using the provider to actually have the cache updated?
This is correct.

conn.Cache.Refresh("tableName") should update the cache for the specified table immediately but it doesn't work now. We will post here when the problem is fixed.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 25 Jul 2013 10:20

The bug with a workability of the Refresh method of the SalesforceCache class is fixed. We will post here when the corresponding build of dotConnect for Salesforce is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 08 Aug 2013 15:37

New build of dotConnect for Salesforce 2.3.189 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/salesf ... nload.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with active subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27696.