Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for Salesforce, an ADO.NET provider for accessing data of the Salesforce.com cloud CRM and Database.com cloud database through the standard ADO.NET or Entity Framework interfaces. New dotConnect for Salesforce offers you Entity Developer 5.0 with greatly improved usability.
New Entity Developer offers the powerful model refactoring functionality that greatly simplifies and automates such operations as creating complex types from properties, common to several entities, or creating TPT or TPC hierarchies from several entities. Now you can just select these entities on a diagram, right-click them, and select Model Refactoring from the shortcut menu. Then select the required action in the opened Model Refactoring Wizard and complete its steps, and Entity Developer will perform the selected action automatically.
Entity Developer also provides numerous improvements of its object editor dialog boxes, mapping synchronization improvements, new keyboard shortcuts and a number of other updates. You can see a more detailed review of the new features in Entity Developer in our New Features in Entity Developer 5.0 blog article.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for Salesforce 2.1.34 features:
- The bug with the "database is locked" error, when the second reader tries to access it, is fixed
- Model Refactoring feature is implemented; it speeds up creating complex types and Table Per Type and Table Per Concrete Type inheritances from several model entities
- Create Storage and Mapping command, that allows automatically creating of the corresponding storage part object and defining mapping, is added to the shortcut menu of classes, properties, and associations
- Select Storage Object command, that allows quick navigation to the corresponding storage part object, is added to the shortcut menu of classes, properties, associations, and methods
- The possibility to delete the corresponding storage part objects automatically when deleting conceptual model objects is added
- The functionality of ignoring columns in the database in the "Update From Database" wizard if they were omitted once before is implemented
- The Property Editor dialog is improved: fast access to the editor of the corresponding storage object and the possibility to specify different settings that were previously available only in the Properties docking window are implemented
- The Inheritance Editor dialog is improved: specifying Discriminator column for Table Per Hierarchy inheritance in the editor is implemented
- The Class Editor dialog is improved: fast access to the editor of the corresponding storage object is implemented
- The Method Editor dialog is improved: fast access to the editor of the corresponding storage object is implemented
- Warnings about objects that are not mapped are added
- A SHIFT+DELETE keyboard shortcut for deleting entity, complex type, or enum from diagram only is added
- An INSERT keyboard shortcut for creating a new entity, adding property to the selected entity/complex type or new member to enum is added
- The possibility to view notes, added through the "Documentation" property, for all the diagram objects via hints is implemented
- Hints for diagram objects are improved
- The behaviour is changed: Configure Behaviour dialog is renamed to Stored Procedure Mapping; options for hiding inappropriate and mapped stored procedures are added
- The behaviour is changed: Table Editor dialog is renamed to Storage Entity Editor
- The behaviour is changed: Stored Procedure Editor dialog is renamed to Storage Procedure Editor