Error when updating a record

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Cloud Applications
verbal11

Error when updating a record

Post by verbal11 » Tue 03 Jul 2012 19:55

This is the error that I'm getting when I try to update a record. I can insert records ok.

System.Data.UpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: A dependent property in a ReferentialConstraint is mapped to a store-generated column. Column: 'CreatedById'.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Error when updating a record

Post by Shalex » Thu 05 Jul 2012 10:59

1. Are you using plain ADO.NET or Entity Framework?
2. Please specify your update command (a small test project would be appreciated). If it envolves talking to non-default database objects, please describe the objects so that we can recreate them in our test schema. If necessary, our contact form is here: http://www.devart.com/company/contact.html.
3. Tell us the exact version (x.x.xxx) of your dotConnect for Salesforce.

EM_dev

Post by EM_dev » Thu 26 Sep 2013 04:42

Hello All,
Did anything ever come of this?
I'm getting the same error and am lost :cry:

Cheers,
Marty.
PS
Yes I have logged a call with support.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 27 Sep 2013 07:45

The Store Generated Pattern value for the OwnerId field should be 'Identity' because OwnerId is generated only on insert. Make sure that this setting is made in the Store (SSDL) part of the model.

The 'Computed' value means that the value will be generated on insert and modified on update. This is not the case for OwnerId.