The underlying connection was closed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Cloud Applications
Ashatzen

The underlying connection was closed

Post by Ashatzen » Thu 20 Oct 2022 20:41

I created an SSIS package that runs every 30 minutes daily. This package contains a Devart Salesforce Source object. The first time it runs each day the Devart task consistently fails with the error: "The underlying connection was closed. A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server". When it runs again 30 minutes later, everything is fine. What do I need to change in the Devart Salesforce Connection Manager settings to prevent the initial failure?

DmitryGm
Devart Team

Re: The underlying connection was closed

Post by DmitryGm » Fri 21 Oct 2022 15:50

The Devart Salesforce Connection Manager has "Connection Timeout" option:

Connection Timeout - The length of time (in seconds) to wait for a connection to the server before terminating the attempt and generating an error. The default value is 15.

https://www.devart.com/ssis/docs/index. ... sforce.htm

You can try to increase it. But we don't sure that the issue is related to Devart SSIS Data Flow Components at all.

Ashatzen

Re: The underlying connection was closed

Post by Ashatzen » Fri 21 Oct 2022 18:07

It appears to me that the default setting for Connection Timeout is 60. I increased the setting to 600, and it did not fail this morning, so I guess that did the trick. Thanks!

Amy