Mac OSX and AppStore

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for SQLite in Delphi and C++Builder
arnof

Mac OSX and AppStore

Post by arnof » Tue 12 Aug 2014 09:09

Hi,

if i create a Sandbox App for AppStore (Mac OSX), i can't create a Database from a script.

If i switsh to Normal Konfiguration i can create the database.

Databasepath ist the app path, here i have read/write rights.

if i publish a emty database with the App it all works.

Write your drive a log or any other things in other dirs ? In a sandbox app a app can't write in other dirs!

ZEuS
Devart Team

Re: Mac OSX and AppStore

Post by ZEuS » Thu 14 Aug 2014 11:53

No, our components do not write logs or any other things in other directories. The problem is due to the pecularities of the "sandboxing" process. As it is written in the official Apple documentation ( https://developer.apple.com/library/mac ... Depth.html ) you need to register the file types that your application can create or open (meaning the database or log file, etc.) in the special "XX.info.plist" file.
The "XX.info.plist" file is automatically created by the IDE. When you deploy an empty database with the application, the database file is automatically becomes registered in the "XX.info.plist" file. So, it is the best solution in this case, because the "XX.info.plist" file is recreated every time you build the project.

arnof

Re: Mac OSX and AppStore

Post by arnof » Mon 18 Aug 2014 21:50

now is my app ready for appstore ....

i wont upload the app in the appstore and apple write:

Invalid Signature - the executable at path Blabla.app/Contents/MacOS/libdbexpsqlite40.dylib is not signed. Refer to the Code Signing and Application Sandboxing Guide for more information.

And now ? Xe6 SP1 with Mac OS 10.8.5 ...