Codesign libdbexpsqlite40.dylib on OSX

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for SQLite in Delphi and C++Builder
smt

Codesign libdbexpsqlite40.dylib on OSX

Post by smt » Wed 21 May 2014 09:15

Hello,

i have an application in delphi xe4. Its a firemonkey program for work on windows and osx. The program itself works fine, but now i want to send it to my customers as a link (for download).
For this, i have to sign the osx-app. Otherwise, the customers cannot open the app (i know, they can open it, if they disable the security mechanism).

When i use codesign on my app, i will get the following message:

sudo codesign -f -v --deep -s "Developer ID Application: xxxxx" "NfLeBookOSX.app"

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate: file not in an order that can be processed (local relocation entries out of place): /Users/saschatobler/RADPAServer/scratch-dir/Sascha Tobler-Sascha OSX2/NfLeBookOSX.app/Contents/MacOS/libdbexpsqlite40.dylib
NfLeBookOSX.app: the codesign_allocate helper tool cannot be found or used
In subcomponent: /Users/saschatobler/RADPAServer/scratch-dir/Sascha Tobler-Sascha OSX2/NfLeBookOSX.app/Contents/MacOS/libdbexpsqlite40.dylib

If i remove the libdbexpsqlite40.dylib, the codesign works fine, but now, i cannot use the program anymore, because i have not longer access to the database (of course not). ;-)

I dont have this problems with other dylibs - just with the sqlite dylib.

Do you have any suggestion what i can do?

Best regards

Sascha

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: Codesign libdbexpsqlite40.dylib on OSX

Post by AlexP » Fri 23 May 2014 12:14

Hello,

Try, before signing the application, to sign our libdbexpsqlite40.dylib in the following way, and let us know th result:

Code: Select all

sudo codesign -f -s "Developer ID Application: xxxxx" "NfLeBookOSX.app/Contents/MacOS/libdbexpsqlite40.dylib"

arnof

Post by arnof » Wed 20 Aug 2014 05:24

my sign problem XE6 SP1 now on MAC OS 10.9.5:

the error while projectsigning:

Code: Select all

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate: file not in an order that can be processed (local relocation entries out of place): /Users/arno/PAServer/scratch-dir/Arno Freisinger-iMac/SEPA_Banking.app/Contents/MacOS/libdbexpsqlite40.dylib
/Users/arno/PAServer/scratch-dir/Arno Freisinger-iMac/SEPA_Banking.app: the codesign_allocate helper tool cannot be found or used
In subcomponent: /Users/arno/PAServer/scratch-dir/Arno Freisinger-iMac/SEPA_Banking.app/Contents/MacOS/libdbexpsqlite40.dylib
without your dylib in the project the signing works :!:

i can't make any AppStore App if your dylib is in a project :?:

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Thu 21 Aug 2014 10:51

The issue with signing third-party libraries is already added to http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=125607 . We are waiting for its resolution.

arnof

Post by arnof » Sun 16 Nov 2014 16:51

Hi,

now with XE7 SP1 works the signing on OSX 10.9.5

with your dylibs it don't works

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 01 Dec 2014 09:25

We haven't yet rebuilt dbExpress drivers on this RAD Studio version. We can rebuild the driver on the new version with service pack and send you for testing. For this, please send your license number and an email address, where we can send you the new driver version.

arnof

Post by arnof » Mon 01 Dec 2014 13:14

i have now a solution for my problem-> i have change dbx to firedac.

I can test your new version, your mail adress ?

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 01 Dec 2014 13:24

alexp*devart*com