VS 2019 Code Compare is not saving

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding file and folder merge tool – Code Compare
davidhbolton

VS 2019 Code Compare is not saving

Post by davidhbolton » Thu 20 Aug 2020 14:47

This is VS 2019 16.7.2 running on Windows 10 x64 with Code Compare 5.3.231.

I've been doing some compares and edits, merging a fairly large code base. However The first two or three compares, copies and saves worked. But I've noticed that some compare/edit/saves are not actually saving. I'm comparing a file against a workspace version (also latest) and after making changes, typically just double click the two arrows to copy all changes. The filename gets a *. I then click the save button and the * goes away.

But when I exit the compare window, the source code explorer shows the file with a red tick and edit still against it. When I click compare I get the exact same arrangement as before as if the previous save had not happened.

ekaterinag
Devart Team

Re: VS 2019 Code Compare is not saving

Post by ekaterinag » Fri 21 Aug 2020 08:40

Hi,
It seems like a bug, and we'll appreciate your assistance in reproducing it at our end.
In this regard, please let us know as much information as possible about the steps you take, what files you work with (you can send over a few samples, if any), what VCS a comparison opens from, etc.
You can provide all the details via a contact form at https://www.devart.com/company/contactf ... odecompare
Thank you!

DmitriyB
Devart Team

Re: VS 2019 Code Compare is not saving

Post by DmitriyB » Wed 13 Oct 2021 15:46

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our product Code Compare.

Development is complex and creative work. In spite of our willingness to continue expanding our product, we must evaluate our efforts, and currently, we do not develop Code Compare actively.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best wishes,
Devart Team