Messed up post 4.2 auto-upgrade

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding file and folder merge tool – Code Compare
9swampy

Messed up post 4.2 auto-upgrade

Post by 9swampy » Tue 27 Feb 2018 21:19

Applied the 4.2 autoupgrade which went ok seemingly; until I tried to use it. None of the file explorer integrations worked right; code compare would just start with no files loaded.

Tried uninstalling and reverting to 4.1.78 which had been working fine pre update. Now CodeCompare won't even start; any way I try to start it bombs out without a UI and a message:
Codecompare is terminated or not responding, so the comparison can not be shown.

During the 4.2 uninstall it complained something couldn't be automatically uninstalled; will have to be removed manually. Any ideas what? When I tried installing at first one of the dll's had a file lock and a restart sorted that so the 4.1.78 installation went fine; seemingly...

Many thanks in anticipation.

9swampy

Re: Messed up post 4.2 auto-upgrade

Post by 9swampy » Tue 27 Feb 2018 21:54

If at first you don't succeed while waiting for a forum reply full install of 4.1.78; still doesn't work. Full uninstall (including - again - remove all settings). Reinstall 4.2; still doesn't work. Uninstall (do'nt think it even asked to remove settings - if it did I said yes - again). Reinstall with no options; no integrations. Works. JOb done; I use Git and not bothered about VS integration; for now...

mstislavs
Devart Team

Re: Messed up post 4.2 auto-upgrade

Post by mstislavs » Wed 28 Feb 2018 12:18

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the problem.
> During the 4.2 uninstall it complained something couldn't be automatically uninstalled;
Please provide us with the screenshots via the following form.
Also please provide us with the content of the following log folder: %appdata%\Devart\Code Compare\Logs

Did you try to install Code Compare from the official site without auto-upgrade?

Best regards,
Mstislav Sakidon
Devart Team
www.devart.com