errors quiting VS :<

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding file and folder merge tool – Code Compare
phenry

errors quiting VS :<

Post by phenry » Thu 29 May 2014 03:15

Did you know with your latest tool and running VS 2013, it GPFs upon exiting? How did I find THAT little gem out? ooohhh I reset my VS settings, then started uninstalling all my tools, ONE BY FREAK'N ONE and still got exactly TWO errors upon quiting VS...that is until I uninstalled YOUR tool. Ah man. :< Do you REALLY expect me to install it again? hahhahahahahahahhahahahhaha ya, in your dreams. :< You couldn't get the comparison parameters right in previous versions screwing up a weeks worth of Comparisons, you screwed up file compares AFTER that, And now this? I'm going to look elsewhere for my file compare tools.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: errors quiting VS :<

Post by AlexeyN » Thu 29 May 2014 12:04

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our product. But without any information about the issue we will be unable to fix it. Do you remember what errors occurred?

phenry

Post by phenry » Thu 29 May 2014 18:15

AlexeyN wrote:We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our product. But without any information about the issue we will be unable to fix it. Do you remember what errors occurred?
Yup, I can do you one better! Here's a screen cap of the error.
https://twitter.com/PeterHenry9999/stat ... 4458864640

Steps to repro. Load Visual Studio. Close Visual Studio. Get error.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Post by AlexeyN » Wed 18 Jun 2014 09:36

phenry wrote:
AlexeyN wrote:We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our product. But without any information about the issue we will be unable to fix it. Do you remember what errors occurred?
Yup, I can do you one better! Here's a screen cap of the error.
https://twitter.com/PeterHenry9999/stat ... 4458864640

Steps to repro. Load Visual Studio. Close Visual Studio. Get error.
Unfortunately, we are still unable to reproduce the issue. We need more precise steps to reproduce the issue and/or error stacktrace.

Please add the '/log' parameter to the Visual Studio 2013 shortcut and add such lines to the devenv.exe.config file before the </configuration> tag closes:

Code: Select all

<system.diagnostics>
    <trace autoflush="true" indentsize="0">
      <listeners>
        <add name="myListener" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener"
             initializeData="C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ActivityLog.txt" />
      </listeners>
    </trace>
  </system.diagnostics>
Change USERNAME to your profile name.

The location of 'devenv.exe.config' on x64 systems is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe.config'

Run Visual Studio, and when you encounter the problem, close it and send us the log files:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ActivityLog.xml
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ActivityLog.xsl
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ActivityLog.txt

Also, send to us the list of your Visual Studio extensions. You can get this info from Help -> About -> Copy Info.

phenry

Post by phenry » Wed 18 Jun 2014 14:05

Thanks for the response...but you're THREE WEEKS late. I've already moved on and uninstalled CodeCompare! In fact to try to rectify the problem, I've HAD to uninstall Visual Studio several times cause now! I WISH I could bill you for my wasted time. I'm so disappointed in giving CodeCompare a 2nd chance. I won't make THAT mistake again.