Compare Options

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding file and folder merge tool – Code Compare
njtrentacoste

Compare Options

Post by njtrentacoste » Fri 01 Apr 2011 14:39

I have a question, which may become a feature request. I'm wondering if it's possible to have the compare tool highlight lines that differ, via spelling, etc as red, instead of just the differing characters/words. Currently, I believe the default is gray or blue. Whichever it is, it is very similar to other code highlighting. Am I missing something? Is there a setting I can set to make this highlight the way I'd like? This is because when comparing code, and if a variable name is changed, but it's far off to the right(off screen), it can be easily missed.

Thanks for your time and help with this.

Nick

Artem
Devart Team

Post by Artem » Tue 05 Apr 2011 09:21

You can change the color of different characters in Options->CodeCompare->Colors. Any line in modified blocks (blue-colored by default) has some changed or missing characters if you don't turn on the "Ignore line breaks" option. Also you can turn the "Word Wrap" option on to see all text without horizontal scrolling. We will consider indicating invisible changes in the future builds.