Resolve conflict from TortoiseSVN (Merge Tool)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding file and folder merge tool – Code Compare
Petrus

Resolve conflict from TortoiseSVN (Merge Tool)

Post by Petrus » Fri 21 Jan 2011 06:28

I have been using CodeCompare for a few days now and I find the product really useful (yet a bit slow, mind you, I've a really quick workstation and I have to wait for seconds when opening file comparisons from within Visual Studio 2010).

However, I have not been able to get the Merge Tool integration with TortoiseSVN to work. Here are my current settings:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\CodeCompare\CodeCompare.exe" /SC=SVN /TF=%theirs /MF=%mine /RF=%merged /BF=%base /TT="Other" /MT="Local" /RT="Output" /BT="Base" /REMOVEFILES
When trying to "SVN > Edit conflict", CodeCompareGUI.exe launches and shows a window with two unnamed and empty columns. I've tried to change the command line above to invoke directly "CodeCompareGUI.exe" instead and inspecting the command line passed to the program with SysInternals' ProcExp. Everything seems OK, yet there is no three-way merge opening.

Artem
Devart Team

Post by Artem » Fri 21 Jan 2011 12:37

Use CodeMerge.exe as merge tool instead of CodeCompare.exe

Petrus

I feel silly..

Post by Petrus » Fri 21 Jan 2011 13:43

Oh, I was sure the error was in the command line, but the error somehow was too obvious for me to see it. Thanks a lot for your quick reply.