TF14093 error in the merge tool

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding file and folder merge tool – Code Compare
hh1

TF14093 error in the merge tool

Post by hh1 » Wed 08 Sep 2010 07:51

Hello,

I have configured the merge tool for the TFS with the following settings in Visual Studio 2010:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\CodeCompare\CodeMerge.exe
/TF=%1 /MF=%2 /RF=%4 /BF=%3 /TT=%6 /MT=%7 /SC=TFS

(The version of the merge tool is 2.0.10.0)

If I try to merge two files from the "Pending Change -Conflicts" Window I get the following error message if I try to change the right file:

TF14093: The item '$/Folder1/Folder2/Test.cpp' has a pending merge conflict, please run resolve before pending a change against it.
Test.cpp has been automatically checked out for editing.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Artem
Devart Team

Post by Artem » Thu 09 Sep 2010 11:28

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the problem.

After pressing the "Merge Changes In Merge Tool" button, we modified and saved the right file. Then we agreed with accepting changes (in the "Do you want to keep the merged file..." dialog), and the conflict was resolved.

Can you name the version of CodeCompare you are using and provide a detailed sequence of operations to help us reproduce the issue?

sheitman

Post by sheitman » Wed 22 Sep 2010 08:53

Hi,

I have the same problem.
CodeCompare Pro Trial 2.0.10

Sequence of operation is:
- Merge Branch A to B
- on conflicting files press "Merge in Tool"
- find some change and press the little button to merge from "theirs file" to "Yours"

My OS is Windows 7 64 Bit.
Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.

I know this are not really helpfull instructions however thats all I can give you so far. Let me when I can help you in some way.

Regards,
Sven