dbExpress driver using sspi method authentication

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for PostgreSQL in Delphi and C++Builder
Tiago-Agile

dbExpress driver using sspi method authentication

Post by Tiago-Agile » Fri 28 Jul 2017 12:05

I have been using the Devart dbExpress driver for postgres in my Delphi XE2 applications for years, and it has been working very well. But now I'm with a situation that I need to use the sspi method authentication in postgres, in the pg_hba.conf, like this:

# TYPE DATABASE USER ADDRESS METHOD
# IPv4 local connections:
host MYDB APPUSER samenet sspi map=mymap
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5 mymap
host MYDB APPUSER samenet sspi map=mymap

​Whe​n I try to connect the application with the database, using the dbExpress driver, it gives me the message:
" Cannot connect to database. Unknown auth method"

When I try the connection in the pgAdmin ( postresql client ), it works normally.

​Is there a configuration tha I can set in the connection parameters to suport this auth method? Or is there any other way that I can connect the databaset using the devart driver​ that supports this?
I didn't found anything related in the documentation, so I'm asking for help.

azyk
Devart Team

Re: dbExpress driver using sspi method authentication

Post by azyk » Tue 01 Aug 2017 08:32

We have not tested SSPI Authentication for PostgreSQL using our driver. Now we are performing such testing and after its completion we will inform you about the results.

Tiago-Agile

Post by Tiago-Agile » Wed 26 Feb 2020 20:17

Hi there,
Any news about this topic?
It would be very usefull for me if Devart dbExpress driver for PostgreSQL could work with the SSPI Authentication
Thanks

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Fri 06 Mar 2020 17:15

We've detected an issue in our product when using the sspi method authentication, and are currently working to resolve it. We'll update you on the progress.