Sequences error, not increases

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for PostgreSQL in Delphi and C++Builder
felipeiw

Sequences error, not increases

Post by felipeiw » Tue 20 Dec 2011 11:32

Field sequence is not working, not increases, I am using version 1.10.0.9 with Delphi 7, and was working. I have both running a version that works. however I changed my computer and now just stopped working. Windows 7.

PS. not increases in INSERT, ex: ClientDataset.Append, only increases in moment ClientDataset.ApplyUpdates(0);

the error is key violation, and this in moment the append

thank you

bork
Devart Team

Post by bork » Tue 20 Dec 2011 16:01

Hello

Please send me a complete small sample to borism*devart*com to demonstrate it, including a script to create and fill table.

felipeiw

Post by felipeiw » Tue 20 Dec 2011 18:26

thanks,

The field is a serial type pk. And he has a sequencies associated with it.

Will I have any configuration that I'm not remembering, type the file dbxconnections ?

How do I configure and dbxconnections.ini dbxdrivers.ini ?

See the problem appears when I put the second item, now returns the key violation error.

Thanks.

bork
Devart Team

Post by bork » Thu 22 Dec 2011 11:44

Hello

Saving connection settings to dbxconnections.ini or dbxdrivers.ini is not the best solution. The better solution is to define connection settings in the Delphi code. In this case your application will depend neither on a computer where it will be run nor on any *.ini files. You can find detailed information about defining connection settings in your code in the ReadMe.html file that is installed with Devart dbExpress driver for PostgreSQL.

In order to resolve your issue try to set ExtendedFieldsInfo to False. If it doesn't help, please send us a small sample, as I asked you in my previous message.