Missing SecureBridgeVer.inc to use SecureBridge with PgDAC

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding PgDAC (PostgreSQL Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
gside

Missing SecureBridgeVer.inc to use SecureBridge with PgDAC

Post by gside » Tue 15 Sep 2020 08:09

Hello,

I uses both PgDAC and SecureBridge with latest versions
I need to use TLS/SSL with a TPgConnection, and try to install the required components dacsbridge.dpk and dcldacsbridge.dpk, as documented in the readme file of these components.

When I compile the runtime package, the compilation fails because of a missing include file: SecureBridgeVer.inc

I searched the PgDAC and SecureBridge folders, but this file was not found. I didn't buy source code, but this file should be there so that I can use secure bridge and pgdac.

Could you provide me this file, or a solution to link both pgdac and securebridge?

Thanks,

gside

Re: Missing SecureBridgeVer.inc to use SecureBridge with PgDAC

Post by gside » Tue 15 Sep 2020 09:20

Hello,

I have generated the missing file with one Define in it:
{$DEFINE SBRIDGE}

I did not define ODBC_DRIVER and other conditional defines used in the demo source code.

The component compiles, but I'm not sure of side effects. Could you confirm that this single define is ok, or are there any missing defines?

I'm blocked on my project because of this compilation issue, so thank you Devart team in advance for your quick answer.

Thanks,

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Missing SecureBridgeVer.inc to use SecureBridge with PgDAC

Post by MaximG » Tue 15 Sep 2020 19:21

The latest version of SecureBridge is missing the required *.inc files, which results in a compilation error. We have already fixed the issue; the fix will be included in the next version of SecureBridge. In the meantime, you can resolve the issue by copying the contents of the SB.zip archive to the SecureBridge installation folder (for earlier versions of Delphi, you only need to copy the Source folder and copy SecureBridgeVer.inc to the Lib folder): *ttps://download.devart.com/dac/SB.zip