PostgreSQL 11

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding PgDAC (PostgreSQL Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
matador

PostgreSQL 11

Post by matador » Mon 05 Nov 2018 14:00

Hi

Does PgDAC 5.2.7 officially support PostgreSQL 11, which has just been released?
I downloaded the trial version, which appears to work.

BTW, I was previously running with PgDAC 4.6.19 which was fine with PostgreSQL 10.3 but has problems with v11. Specifically, it gets the wrong value for timestamp fields. This surprises me as I thought this was low-level functionality which would have no dependency on the PostgreSQL version, unless the frontend/backend protocol changed (which it has not AFAIK).

I have no problem to buy an upgraded PgDAC, it is just that this glitch has come at a bad moment. (Just about to go live on a new database).

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: PostgreSQL 11

Post by MaximG » Wed 07 Nov 2018 12:17

We tested our product compatibility with PostgreSQL 11. Using our internal tests, we found no problems when working with timestamp fields. To investigate the issue, please compose and send us a small test sample, execution of which causes the issue. In addition to it, we will need DDL script to create DB objects used in this sample. It's convenient to do using the e-support form (https://www.devart.com/company/contactform.html)

matador

Post by matador » Sat 10 Nov 2018 17:48

Thanks for your response.

My problem has gone away. I was originally running on PostgreSQL 11rc1, when I had the timestamp problem with PgDAC 4.6.19. PostgreSQL 11.1 was released on Nov 8th so I downloaded and installed it. No more timestamp problems, even with PgDAC 4.6.19.

So it is all very strange. But as the problem apparently only occurs with an old version of PgDAC coupled with an interim version of PostgreSQL, I am sure you will agree that it is probably not worth investigating further.

Thanks.

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Tue 13 Nov 2018 06:23

It's good that the issue is resolved. If you have any questions, please, contact us.