Critical Error: Unicode + Unprepared Execute

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding PgDAC (PostgreSQL Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
dschuch

Critical Error: Unicode + Unprepared Execute

Post by dschuch » Mon 06 Jan 2014 16:56

Hi Alex,

best wishes in the new year first.

Now some bad news: this Problem still isnt is fixed correctly and ist not really amusing after 3 month. We bought the Version in november and still are unable to use it... :twisted: :evil:

With the current Version this problem is half solved:
http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28144

But have you checked out the DataBase? It seems that u convert it in the wrong direction. Please use my one-click-sample => http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28144
After this is executed, open the Result in PGADMIN/psql console.

U will see "2;"äöü"".

Same problem is when reading Data in this mode. (means: execute my example-statement inside pgadmin and open the Data in Delphi with PgQuery.unprepared=true and PgConnection.Options.Unicode=true)

So: inside Devart everything is looking fine, in the database it is converted in the wrong way.

Please send me a sourcecode-fix asap, we will check out this and u can release it with your next Release _tested_ to the public. ;)

Daniel.

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: Critical Error: Unicode + Unprepared Execute

Post by AlexP » Thu 09 Jan 2014 10:59

Hello,

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem with incorrect recording of UniCode characters in the second protocol - and will try to fix it ASAP. As soon as we fix the problems, we will inform you and send the required fixes.

dgriessinger

Post by dgriessinger » Fri 17 Jan 2014 09:07

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, do you know when the problem will be fixed ? maybe you have already the patch to apply on the source code?

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Fri 17 Jan 2014 10:55

Hello,

The problem is already fixed, the fix will be included to the next version, which will be released in the end of the current - early next month.