EAssertionFailed 1030 (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Common\Source\CRConnectionPool.pas, line 243)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding PgDAC (PostgreSQL Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
joe.belladonna

EAssertionFailed 1030 (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Common\Source\CRConnectionPool.pas, line 243)

Post by joe.belladonna » Sun 14 Apr 2013 16:11

I was trying to run your FailOver demo.

My environment is as follows:
Workstation: win7, Delphi XE2, UNIDAC 4.6.12
Server: Ubuntu 12.10, DB: PostgreSQL 9.1

When I was trying to connect to a DB via ConnectionDialog, I get the following error:
EAssertionFailed with message '1030 (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Common\Source\CRConnectionPool.pas, line 243)'

Regardless this demo, I have noticed that whenever I set pooling to TRUE in UNIConnection, I get this error with PostgreSQL database.

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: EAssertionFailed 1030 (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Common\Source\CRConnectionPool.pas, line 243)

Post by AlexP » Mon 15 Apr 2013 10:00

hello,

Thank you for the information, we have reproduced and fixed the problem, this fix will be included in the next version.

joe.belladonna

Re: EAssertionFailed 1030 (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\Common\Source\CRConnectionPool.pas, line 243)

Post by joe.belladonna » Mon 15 Apr 2013 12:56

Can you please share the fix with us, if it isn't too complicated, so we can test the pooling with PostgreSQL data base?
Thanks in advance.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Wed 17 Apr 2013 10:43

Hello,

To solve the problem, you should delete the following line from the PostgreSQLUniProvider.pas file:

Code: Select all

FConnectionOptions.Add(TStringOption.Create('PrecisionBCD', prBCDPrecision, [TPgSQLConnection, TPgConnectionParameters], '14,4'));

joe.belladonna

Post by joe.belladonna » Thu 18 Apr 2013 11:19

Unfortunately, that didn't worked. In PostgreSQLUniProvider.pas, I have commented

Code: Select all

FConnectionOptions.Add(TStringOption.Create('PrecisionBCD', prBCDPrecision, [TPgSQLConnection, TPgConnectionParameters], '14,4'));
Then I have done all of this:
Installing UniDAC for Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 using IDE

If you are using C++Builder XE2, you should use the Using make-files way to install UniDAC. Otherwise, run Delphi XE2 and perform the following steps:
Build and compile the dac160.dpk DAC run-time package. To make UniDAC work under Windows x64 and Mac OS, this step must be repeated for each of these platforms (can be selected in "Target Platforms" of the package).
Build and compile the dacvcl160.dpk DAC GUI VCL related package. To make UniDAC work under Windows x64, this step must be repeated for this platform (can be selected in "Target Platforms" of the package).
Build and compile the dacfmx160.dpk DAC GUI FireMonkey related package. To make UniDAC work under Windows x64 and Mac OS, this step must be repeated for each of these platforms (can be selected in "Target Platforms" of the package).
Build and compile the dcldac160.dpk DAC design-time package.
Build and compile the unidac160.dpk UniDAC run-time package. To make UniDAC work under Windows x64 and Mac OS, this step must be repeated for each of these platforms (can be selected in "Target Platforms" of the package).
Build and compile the unidacvcl160.dpk UniDAC GUI VCL related package. To make UniDAC work under Windows x64, this step must be repeated for this platform (can be selected in "Target Platforms" of the package).
Build and compile the unidacfmx160.dpk UniDAC GUI FireMonkey related package. To make UniDAC work under Windows x64 and Mac OS, this step must be repeated for each of these platforms (can be selected in "Target Platforms" of the package).
Build, compile, and install the dclunidac160.dpk UniDAC design-time package.
Build and compile required provider packages:
Oracle - oraprovider160.dpk;
Microsoft SQL Server - msprovider160.dpk;
MySQL - myprovider160.dpk;
InterBase and Firebird - ibprovider160.dpk;
PostgreSQL - pgprovider160.dpk;
SQLite - liteprovider160.dpk;
NexusDB - nexusprovider160.dpk;
ODBC - odbcprovider160.dpk;
After you have compiled odbcprovider160.dpk, you can compile the following provider packages:
Microsoft Access - accessprovider160.dpk;
Sybase Advantage Database Server - adsprovider160.dpk;
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise - aseprovider160.dpk;
DB2 - db2provider160.dpk;
DBF - dbfprovider160.dpk;
Restart Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2.
When I try to run my project I got the same error.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Thu 18 Apr 2013 12:58

Hello,

You don't need to rebuild all the packages, it is enough to rebuild just pgprovider160.dpk, having previously deleted it from the IDE, as well as bpl and dcu of this provider

joe.belladonna

Post by joe.belladonna » Thu 18 Apr 2013 13:58

OK, I will try what you said.