General questions

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding PgDAC (PostgreSQL Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jkai

General questions

Post by jkai » Thu 01 Jul 2010 13:29

I have a couple of questions. I could not find the answers to these questions on your web site, so I tried to email these to sales@devart, but got no response. We are thinking of purchasing this product, but want the answers to these questions first.

What is included in an annual subscription? If support is included, how do you get the support?
If the software is updated (which it looks like it is every month) how do we receive updates? Do we check the web site and download it from the downloads page?
Do we have to purchase a new subscription a year from now in order to continue to receive updates?

If we get a team license, what happens if we get a new PC? Is it a big deal to transfer a license from one PC to another?

Devart
Site Admin

Post by Devart » Thu 01 Jul 2010 15:56

Hello jkai,

Unfortunately we couldn't see your email message sent to our sales.
Initial purchases of any PgDAC editions include an annual PgDAC Subscription.
PgDAC Subscription Program is an annual maintenance and support service for PgDAC users.
It includes access to new versions when they are released, access to all PgDAC updates and bug fixes, product technical support, notification of new product versions.
After the Subscription expires you can use our product as PgDAC version licenses are perpetual.
Team license allows to use PgDAC by a team of up to 4 developers, no problem to install a full version on a new PC.

Regards,
Devart Support