Execute is working differently in latest version

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding PgDAC (PostgreSQL Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
snorkel

Execute is working differently in latest version

Post by snorkel » Tue 03 Nov 2009 04:44

Prior to the versions compatible with Delphi 2010 I was using exectue in a query editor application because it was smart enough to figure out if I was doing a query that did a update,insert etc and if I was doing a query that returned a result set. It still works that way, but the result set returned is now read only. If I change the execute keyword to open then I get a NON read only result set as I used to get when I was using execute.

Having execute work the same way as before is critical to my app, is there some setting or something in the newer version that I missed?

In other postgresql component sets such as zeos, postgresDAC etc execute does just that and only that, which then requires some way to check the query being executed and figure out if it is result set returning or just a statement like a insert or update. Having execute be able to do that and return a writabel result set is what really set pgDAC apart from the rest.

Thanks,

Snorkel

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Tue 03 Nov 2009 13:58

We have fixed this problem. The fix will be included in the next build of PgDAC.

snorkel

Post by snorkel » Tue 03 Nov 2009 17:29

Good to know.

Any timeline on the next release? My program is broke without this working properly.

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Wed 04 Nov 2009 09:00

We are planning to release the new PgDAC build next week.