Does dbForge Search tool will create any changes in the DB

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
mlsm014

Does dbForge Search tool will create any changes in the DB

Post by mlsm014 » Sun 05 Jun 2022 08:55

I am planning to install and integrate the dbForge Search tool in my SSMS and use it in searching for a specific value or data in all of the tables in my database. Since this will be a good help especially if there are lots of table in the database and you need to identify what table to open or what column to check if I am looking for a specific data/value or anything.

The database I am using is from my work so I just want to make sure and confirm that if installing and using this tool will not bring any unwanted changes in the database. It will just search. That's all.

I have never tried installing any plug in tools in SSMS. It is my first time to use this tool if ever and I am still trying to study it also before using/installing (that's why I am posting in this forum to get more knowledge of it). Will it make or do any unwanted/unknown changes in my DB? Would appreciate any help on this. Thank you all!

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Re: Does dbForge Search tool will create any changes in the DB

Post by dzhanhira » Mon 06 Jun 2022 09:52

Kindly be informed the Search tool does not change anything in tables or data.