GUID ON LICENCE PAGE?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
DanTheManPersonal

GUID ON LICENCE PAGE?

Post by DanTheManPersonal » Tue 25 Jan 2022 16:43

Hello anyone know what the guid is displayed on the licences? im sure its to do with the computer its activated on but no clue which guid its for. the newer sql complete licences are showing PC name but the older ones are just showing guid.

Also it says i have 20/2 used. how can i use more than 2 and why are there duplicate guids in this 20* list.

any help with this would be great thanks.

alexa

Re: GUID ON LICENCE PAGE?

Post by alexa » Wed 26 Jan 2022 11:22

Hello anyone know what the guid is displayed on the licences? im sure its to do with the computer its activated on but no clue which guid its for. the newer sql complete licences are showing PC name but the older ones are just showing guid.
The HardwareID of the PC with dbForge installed can be viewed in the system information generated by clicking the 'Send Info' button in the 'System Info Report Contents' window invoked by selecting 'Help -> About...' from the main menu of dbForge and then clicking the 'View System Info' button in the dialog.

Please see the following https://i.postimg.cc/R0WdMG0r/hardwareid.png

Also it says i have 20/2 used. how can i use more than 2 and why are there duplicate guids in this 20* list.
There are 10 tools altogether included in the dbForge SQL Tools product that require activation. You are eligible to activate each tool on two PCs at the same time. If you need to activate it on a third one, you need to fist deactivate it for one of the previously activated PCs.

DanTheManPersonal

Post by DanTheManPersonal » Thu 27 Jan 2022 17:39

Thanks this fixed my problem. ive asked all my developers to send me this guid so i have it in the spreadsheet with the licences.

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 28 Jan 2022 11:17

Please let us know if any questions arise.