Code Suggestions don't load when no master access

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
minenkood

Code Suggestions don't load when no master access

Post by minenkood » Wed 11 Aug 2021 10:13

Hi,
I'm using the last version of dbForge Studio and the Code Completion feature is not working in databases where I don't have access to master.
In some server's I have access not to all db's just to my own. And code suggestions don't work in this situation.
When I try to Refresh them - it tries to access to master, but just gets an error.
Thanks.

alexa

Re: Code Suggestions don't load when no master access

Post by alexa » Wed 11 Aug 2021 16:52

At the moment the user needs to have access to the master database. Though, we will investigate a possibility to work with the Code Completion feature having no access to that database when developing the next product versions.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 17 Aug 2021 09:16

Could you please provide us either the CREATE definition of the user or screenshots of all the tabs of the user in Security Manager (select 'Database -> Security Manager' from the main menu) Image

Please also specify what connection/authentication type you are using. Are you using an Azure server?

minenkood

Post by minenkood » Wed 20 Oct 2021 09:05

When I try to access Security manager

Yes, it's an Azure SQL server DB with SQL server auth.

dbForge Studio 2021 for SQL server
Edition: Express
Version: 6.0.560

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 21 Oct 2021 10:56

Unfortunately, you need to have access to the master database.

We will investigate a possibility to work with the Code Completion feature having no access to the database when developing the next product versions.