{Data Compare] Error: "capacity was less than the current size" - max file size issue ?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
joef

{Data Compare] Error: "capacity was less than the current size" - max file size issue ?

Post by joef » Thu 29 Jul 2021 11:13

Hi all,

I'm using dbForge datacompare.com to execute a very large SQL script (5.6 GB) created after a database comparison.

It's creating a huge log file with basically just repeats of this error message

Error: capacity was less than the current size.
Parameter name: requiredLength

I've two questions if you don't mind

1) Have people seen this before ? Is it possibly due to the file size ?
2) What is the max size of a SQL file that can be processed ?

Many Thanks,

Joe

alexa

Re: {Data Compare] Error: "capacity was less than the current size" - max file size issue ?

Post by alexa » Fri 30 Jul 2021 07:47

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Re: {Data Compare] Error: "capacity was less than the current size" - max file size issue ?

Post by alexa » Thu 05 Aug 2021 09:51

We will fix this issue in one of the next product builds and will notify you once it's available for downloading.

joef

Post by joef » Mon 30 Aug 2021 13:41

Hi Alexa,

Thank you very much for that.

Would you have an approximate timescale that I could expect this fix to be made in please ?

Many Thanks,

Joe

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 31 Aug 2021 12:44

The product build with the fix is expected to be released in a couple of months.