Copy row > then "Paste as new Records"

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Braxxo

Copy row > then "Paste as new Records"

Post by Braxxo » Fri 18 Jun 2021 01:13

I recently upgraded dbForge SQL Studio from ver5 to ver6, and I seem to have lost the ability to Copy a row (or rows) and then select "Paste as new Records".

When i right-click on the row, the "Paste as new Records" menu item is ALWAYS showing as disabled. I am not in read-only mode and I have used this feature for years in ver5. Does anyone know what may have changed or how to re-enable that feature?

Edit: ==========
hmm, I just noticed that due to the foreign keys, there are dropdowns for those foreign key fields. So even though this is just a single table, and even though I'd like to simply paste in the row WITH the correct foreign keys, I wonder if those dropdowns are causing the "Paste as new Record" menu item to be disabled?

alexa

Re: Copy row > then "Paste as new Records"

Post by alexa » Fri 02 Jul 2021 16:04

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

frankiea

Post by frankiea » Thu 29 Jul 2021 07:01

Any update here alexa? I'm also seeing this issue. I can't seem to "Paste as new records" anymore.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 29 Jul 2021 09:31

Sorry for the delay on this.

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming product build.

Braxxo

Post by Braxxo » Thu 29 Jul 2021 17:39

Thank you so much Alexa for looking into this! We really appreciate it since it's a heavily used feature for us! :)

dzhanhira
Devart Team

Post by dzhanhira » Fri 10 Sep 2021 14:59

Thank you for your patience!
We would like to kindly inform you that we have released a new version of the tool. This version includes a lot of fixes.
You can upgrade to the new version within the app, just look on the bar on top for "Help->Check for updates".

Braxxo

Post by Braxxo » Fri 10 Sep 2021 15:57

Fantastic! Thank you so much!