Error: Reference to database and/or server name in _ is not supported in this version of SQL Server

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
frankiea

Error: Reference to database and/or server name in _ is not supported in this version of SQL Server

Post by frankiea » Tue 20 Apr 2021 01:36

Hi there,

I just recently updated to v6, but I am seeing an error when viewing a referenced table in the Data view:
"Reference to database and/or server name in '[DB.dbo.TableName]' is not supported in this version of SQL Server."

Here are the repro steps:
1. Connect to an Azure SQL Server (I connect with an AzureAD account with MFA, and I do not specify a DB, so it lists all)
2. Navigate to a DB, then to a Table that has a FK relationship with another table and open it up
3. Go to the "Data" tab
4. Click the little down arrow next to a FK column to see a preview of the data in the referenced table.

This used to work fine, and still works fine for a local DB - but it does not work when connecting to a Azure SQL Server. If I create a connection and specify the Database in the connection dialog (instead of leaving it blank) - this error does not occur.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!
Frankie

alexa

Re: Error: Reference to database and/or server name in _ is not supported in this version of SQL Server

Post by alexa » Wed 21 Apr 2021 12:34

We will fix this issue in one of the next product builds and will notify you once it's available for downloading.

frankiea

Re: Error: Reference to database and/or server name in _ is not supported in this version of SQL Server

Post by frankiea » Thu 22 Apr 2021 18:37

Great, thank you for the details. I will wait for a new build then. :)