Git Options Missing From Source Control

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
DeeSheehan

Git Options Missing From Source Control

Post by DeeSheehan » Wed 05 Aug 2020 14:13

Hi There

I have downloaded a trail version of the SQL Tools and I am trying to link a database to a git repos I have for source control. When I point it to the local .git folder I get an error saying "Enter a Valid Path to a git folder"

If I put in the remote URL in the repository path box I have no options to put in the security options and it also doesnt seen to recognise the URL?
I would like it to connect directly to my repos in Azure Devops. I have tried following this tutorial but when I get to part 5, I dont know where to put these settings in. There are no options on the screen for it. From the image of the screen it part 4 of the tutorial - how do i get to I put in the remote URL settings

Thanks
Dee

alexa

Re: Git Options Missing From Source Control

Post by alexa » Thu 06 Aug 2020 11:05

Could you please tell us what page you found that link on? That's an obsolete one. Please see the actual one https://docs.devart.com/source-control/linking-to-source-control/linking-db-to-git.html

DeeSheehan

Post by DeeSheehan » Thu 06 Aug 2020 11:19

I found it through a google search. So is there no longer any way to link through a Remote URL? Its just to local?

.jp
Devart Team

Post by .jp » Fri 07 Aug 2020 08:07

Hello,

Thanks for the question.
DeeSheehan wrote: Thu 06 Aug 2020 11:19 I found it through a google search. So is there no longer any way to link through a Remote URL? Its just to local?
To work with a remote repository, you need a clone of this repository. To retrieve a local clone, you need to execute the git clone <url> <path> command or use the GUI tool for working with git. After the successful creation of the clone, you need to specify the path to the folder containing the clone in the Repository Folder field of the Repository Properties window. You can specify a path to a subfolder in the repository (not .git).

Feel free to ask if you have other questions connecting with the product usage, we'd like to help.

Best Regards.