Source Control Error with Table Changes

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
creiglowl

Source Control Error with Table Changes

Post by creiglowl » Fri 17 Jul 2020 14:00

I am using DBForge Studio 5.8 with SQL 2016 and when I added a column to a system-versioned table the scripts do not create in a way that can be successfully executed using Get Latest. So I run alter scripts manually to synch up the table structures. However, even though the tables are now identical, my source control thinks they are not and wants me to get latest - but those statements crash the program. How can I get rid of the pending changes since the objects are all identical?

alexa

Re: Source Control Error with Table Changes

Post by alexa » Mon 20 Jul 2020 08:11

Could you please check if the issue is present in another our product dbForge Source Control having the latest updates https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/source-control/download.html

creiglowl

Post by creiglowl » Mon 20 Jul 2020 20:00

Alexa, I prefer to use the Studio version because the other modules just make SSMS too slow. But I can download and install this version just to see if the source control responds differently. Should I attempt to completely remove the databases from source control first and see if the issue remains after reinstantiating them?

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 21 Jul 2020 08:44

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the error and describe the issue step by step providing the scripts?

A video or screenshots would be also of help.

Additionally, please perform the following:

1. Select 'Tools -> Options...' from the main menu. The 'Options' window opens.
2. Navigate to the 'Environment -> Output' branch.
3. Select the 'Write queries sent by the program to the SQL Log' and 'Log application errors' options.
4. Unselect the 'Delete application log after closing' option. Click 'OK'.
5. Reproduce this issue and send us the *.log file with the latest date from the folder:

Code: Select all

%SystemDrive%\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Devart\dbForge Studio for SQL Server\
You can send the reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom.

creiglowl

Post by creiglowl » Tue 21 Jul 2020 18:50

I deleted the Common Settings folder and relinked the databases to source control and there was no longer an issue. I think in the future I will handle changes to system-versioned tables outside of get latest so this won't occur again.