Temp table suggestions don't work if create table statement is removed from editor

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
jeff.vial

Temp table suggestions don't work if create table statement is removed from editor

Post by jeff.vial » Wed 17 Jun 2020 21:57

I've noticed that column suggestions for temp tables only work if I still have the create table statement for the temp table still in the editor, uncommented. Once I remove the create statement, suggestions no longer work; it's like the temp table has disappeared from the metadata despite still being queryable. This is very inconvenient as the only way to get suggestions when writing select statements with a temp table is to keep the create statement in the editor, which requires me to highlight any select statement I want to run. Is this expected behavior?

alexa

Re: Temp table suggestions don't work if create table statement is removed from editor

Post by alexa » Thu 18 Jun 2020 05:34

Could you please provide us the full name of the product along with its version?

jeff.vial

Re: Temp table suggestions don't work if create table statement is removed from editor

Post by jeff.vial » Thu 18 Jun 2020 15:14

SQL Complete 6.5.23

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 19 Jun 2020 07:38

Thank you for the reply.

Such a behavior is by design.

The temp table definition needs to be present in the script in order to be offered in the suggestion list.

jeff.vial

Post by jeff.vial » Fri 19 Jun 2020 15:09

Thank you for the response.