Completely Disable Code Formatting..?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Miszou

Completely Disable Code Formatting..?

Post by Miszou » Tue 07 Apr 2020 17:31

Is it possible to completely disable the code formatting profiles?

Every time I open a stored procedure to edit, it is automatically reformatted into something that is really hard to read. So far, the only options I've seen to disable the code formatter are applied on paste, statement completion or while typing - all of which are disabled and have no effect when opening a stored procedure.

I tried deleting all the profiles, but they just get recreated. I tried creating a "null" profile, but it still applies all the rules, so I'd still have to go through every option and fix it manually.

Thanks.

alexa

Re: Completely Disable Code Formatting..?

Post by alexa » Wed 08 Apr 2020 12:46

We are aware of this issue and are planning to fix it in version 6.0.

At the moment, you could use the 'Edit Procedure' command in the popup menu of Database Explorer that should keep the object formatting received from the server.

Miszou

Post by Miszou » Wed 08 Apr 2020 16:53

Ok, that worked. Thank you!

But now I have to ask.... is that the only difference between "modify" and "edit procedure"?

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 09 Apr 2020 17:02

The 'Modify' option generates the ALTER statement, whereas the 'Edit Procedure' one generates the CREATE statement.